Subject: games (fwd)
From: Sultan Ghahtani <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 10:51:28 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 08:36:23 -0600 (CST)
From: Sultan Ghahtani <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: games

I just got a job offer to work on 3D modelling with a big game company in 
the silicon Valley area. At the moment I do Lotus Notes Development 
professionally. I realize that I will have to take a pay cut if I do 
decide to work for this BIG game company (they use ALIAS I guess on SGI) 
since I make 70k+/year at the moment, but it will be doing something that 
I enjoy. I know it is hard to judge but what is a good rate that I can 
ask? I realize that I have to move from the midwest (cheap cost of 
living) to Bay area(expensive). I also find it a challenge to see if I 
can persuade them to drop ALIAS and show them the real power of animation 
using LIghtwave (SO I WILL NEED YOUR HELP, DAMN IT ;) ) I hope to get 
some feedback on this and to some written arguemtns of why LIghtwave is a 
much better system ( I believe it is)